Genuine and traditional Panama hat, handwoven in Ecuador from Toquilla Palm leaves. Toquilla straw is a vegetable fiber obtained from an endemic palm tree from Ecuador. This natural fiber has been used for centuries to produce fine hats. This style staple is lightweight and breathable in hot temperatures.
- Handmade in Ecuador
- Available in different sizes (sizing in centimetres)
- Available in different colours and ribbon combinations
Caring for your Panama
Your hat is an individual piece of craftsmanship – it has been handwoven from a natural fibre, and it must be treated as such. Follow our care instructions in order to maximise the lifespan of your hat.
- Do not fold your Panama, or scrunch it up, as it will not only damage the shape of your hat, but also the straw could crack
- Avoid pinching or crushing the natural fibre from the crown
- Do not pull the hat from the edge of the brim
- Protect your panama from rain as it will lose its shape
Cleaning your Panama
- Your hat can be cleaned using a damp cloth or a gentle facial wipe/ baby wipe - try to remove any dirt marks with a dry cloth first, and then using warm water gently try to remove the mark with a clean cloth
- Avoid rubbing too hard as this may damage the natural fibres of the straw
- We do not recommend you use any cleaning agents or soap
- Let your hat air dry in a ventilated place away from direct heat
Reshaping your Panama
- Should your hat lose its original shape, you can steam it gently to try to regain its shape by hand and dry it gently using a hairdryer on a low setting
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.